Translate

Thursday, January 13, 2011

This old house (part 2)

As time began 2 pass, in this old house, I began 2 see the reasons in God's intentions in bringing us here, though it wasn't till after He rescued me that I understood that it was His hand at work in my life. Our old life, or atleast a small portion of it had been left behind. The chaos & drama caused by the constant people in our life had been removed. For me, 1 of the most important things had been removed, the almost continuous availability of my drug of choice. The less I could get my hands on it, the more I began 2 see & admit 2 my addiction.
Slowly but surely I began 2 embrace the quietness of my surroundings, & here, without the constant noise, God began 2 work heavily on my heart. I began 2 feel the gulit of my decisions & of the effects it had on my daughter. I was Not the mom I wanted 2 be & I had made some terrible mistakes.
It was a slow process the way Jesus drew me 2 Himself. I can look back & see Him there in the times I felt so alone. His gentle faithfulness led me right into His arms of love.

1 comment: