Translate

Monday, January 3, 2011

My first experience with Jesus, a permanant impression upon my heart

When I was a little girl I met Jesus...
Around age 9 I remember being at a church camp & when the alter call came, I felt an intense desire 2 run down that isle & run 2 Jesus. I cried the whole way down. I didn't understand much, all I understood was that Jesus wanted me. I felt His presence so strongly that night; I was whisked away by His love that surround me. And the truth is, though I made it 2 the alter, I don't remember much else after that. But that night has never left me. It made a permanant impression upon my heart.
As an adult, though I understood that Jesus loved me, I couldn't comprehend what it meant 2 be His. Around the age of 18, I got saved, but something was missing. I didn't understand that belonging 2 Him meant having a deeply personal relationship with Him.
It wasn't till I went thru the absolute worst in my life that I finally realized my absoulte NEED 4 Him.
I'm here Only b/c HE loves me, if He didn't, my life would of ended in drug addiction. But instead, He bent down & rescued me! :D

1 comment: