Translate

Thursday, January 13, 2011

This old house

About 3 1/2yrs b4 Jesus rescued me, my little family & I moved out in the country, 2hrs away from where we used 2 live, into a 100yr old little farm house. I will never 4get my 1st impression of this old house. I was not impressed, infact, the thought of us moving in here made me cry. But it came with my husband's new job, free of rent & with free heating. The 1st time we walked in the door I wanted 2 walk right back out & never look back...
During the 1st yr I was so depressed, it was so quiet here & I felt so isolated. Compared 2 the sounds of the city, the quiteness felt, well, scary.
U see, before we lived here, we were surrounded by chaos, drama, people coming in & out of our house. It was the way we had always lived as a couple. It wasnt until after we moved here that I understood the effect the chaos & drama had on our relationship, or on me.
Some of the gifts God gives us can seem more like lumps of coal when we 1st lay eyes on them. But just like this old house, they turn into treasures of PURE LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment