Translate

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

THE B.I.B.L.E [Part 2] (Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly -Colossians 3:16)

2 yrs ago, around the time Jesus rescued me, I asked God 2 fill me with a hunger & a thirst 4 His Word. I had read the Bible, or atleast portions of it, in the past, and just did not have a taste 4 it. I found it, well, boring. I suppose, as I look back on it, it was partly b/c I did not have the desire & hunger 4 God that I now have, and partly b/c I didn't have the understanding that God's Word was not a book of rules, but a door that opens 2 us & invites us into a fellowship with our Redeemer. There is quite a Big difference between reading a book of rules, and reading a book that draws us nearer 2 God, a night & day difference! And I now have that understanding. Praise the Lord! Yes, there are words of instruction, words of warning, words of command in the Bible that God expects us 2 follow, but they're written 4 our good! Benjamin Franklin said, "Sin is not hurtful b/c it is forbidden, but it is forbidden B/C it is hurtful." That is Truth! God's Love wishes 2 protect us. God's Word was written with LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. Love the "God's Word was not a book of rules, but a door that opens to us and invites us into a fellowship with our Redeemer." When we enter into that fellowship, God's words to us aren't rules, but we gladly follow Him because of the great love we have with the one who "first loved us."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, enjoy your writing as I always have....Good words of truth. I,too, liked the phrase " God's Word was not a book of rules, but a door that opens to us and invites us into fellowship with our Redeemer. " Also like the quote that " Sin is not hurtful because it is forbidden, but it is forbidden because it is hurtful ". Keep writing !

    ReplyDelete