Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hello again :) ...a garment of praise

So, it has been a while since my last blog....a long while. Lol I was locked out of it for some time and finally figured out how to get back in. I am doing my blog from a phone, and I have been through a couple of phones since my last post, so everything is very new to me, so please bear with me. On September 4th I started an 85 days till Thanksgiving...85 days of thankfulness on my Facebook page. I am quickly learning that being thankful comes from a heart that counts its blessings. I am also reminded that praise to God fights the forces of sadness, heartache, despair, hopelessness, worry, doubt, and all those things that bring us down. Just as was written in Isaiah 61:3 "To appoint unto them....the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness." It's easy to forget when we are down that we have a garment to wrap around us to cover us from those things which wish to harm us, such a garment can only be found in our precious Savior, Jesus Christ. Glory to God! Thank You, Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, you are blogging again! I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read it, Aritha!

      Delete
  2. Tanya,
    Do you think you have to praise God before he helps fight your sadness, heartache, despair, hopelessness, worry, doubt, and all those things that bring you down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "garment of praise" lifts our heart up to and directs our focus heavenward to God. As we bless God, He blesses us. �� I would say it's similar to any other relationship in that if we intentionally turn to a loved one, focusing on them, they will respond....the difference being, loved ones are unable to satisfy our longings in the way that God can, for He alone knows our every need, desire etc. God calls us to praise Him, not only because He is worthy of all praise, but because it directs our thoughts and our heart toward Him, and in return, He blesses us with His presence, with healing, encouragement, and increases our faith in Him and our love for Him, finding Him more sweeter and precious in spending that time with Him.

      Delete